Cake batter cookie bars
We really like birthday cake ice cream and cake batter rice krispie treats, so these cookie bars seemed like a great idea. And if you also enjoy sneaking a scoop of raw cookie dough (which I do!), then these cookie bars might be right up your alley. They kind of combine both cake batter flavor and raw cookie dough, all in one bar.
Yet, we’re giving them mixed reviews. On the one hand, they definitely have that cake batter taste and are good with a glass of cold milk. On the other hand, they really seem to just be squares of undercooked cake. And because it’s undercooked cake, the center sank like nobody’s business and that totally ruined the eye candy part for me. So, will I make them again? Honestly, probably not. I’m glad I tried them though!
Recipe: Cake Batter Cookie Bars
1 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2-3 tablespoons sprinkles of your choice, plus more for sprinkling on top of bars before baking
Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8″ baking pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Cream both sugars, butter, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Gradually mix in flour, cake mix, and baking soda until just mixed. Stir in sprinkles. Spread batter evenly into greased pan. Sprinkle top with additional sprinkles. Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned and middle still jiggles slightly. Cool completely before cutting.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)