Sugar cookie dough bark
I tried to finish up some Christmas things over the weekend, including getting some cookies baked and put into the freezer to take to my parents’ house next week. I made this sugar cookie dough bark too, because Claudia wanted something covered in sprinkles. And also because we love any treat that lets us eat “raw” cookie dough.
This bark is super easy and has only 4 ingredients! But, a disclaimer…. it’s really sweet, so be prepared for a major sugar rush. Claudia and I decided we’d like to try it again, but next time with chocolate cookie mix and chocolate candy melts. I do love how pretty and festive this one turned out though. Perfect addition to a Christmas cookie tray.
Recipe: Sugar Cookie Dough Bark
(from Crazy for Crust)
1 pouch sugar cookie mix, like Betty Crocker
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 Tbsp. milk
24 oz. package of white candy melts
Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside. Mix sugar cookie mix, butter, and milk in a medium bowl until creamy. Melt half the candy melts (following package directions) and spread the melted candy in an even layer on the cookie sheet. Top evenly with cookie dough and press gently to cover candy layer. Chill for 10 minutes. Melt remaining candy melts. Pour over the top of the chilled cookie dough and spread evenly to cover. Add sprinkles. Chill until hardened, then break apart.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)