Chocolate ice cream sandwich cookies
Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
Sam asked me to make chocolate cookies with dark chocolate chips to celebrate his birthday at school, so we looked on the Hershey’s Kitchen website and found this great recipe. Holy cow are these cookies chocolatey! We made more than we needed for school, and I still had half a bag of mini chocolate chips left from the cookie dough dip, so the stars were aligned for this ice cream sandwich to make its debut. The vanilla ice cream really helped to cut the super rich taste of the chocolate. It made for one awesome treat.
Sam’s review: “Awww! They’re perfect!”
Recipe: Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. Hershey’s cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
12 ounce package of dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
Whisk together flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)