Back to school kid craft
Everywhere you go this month, you see loads of back-to-school gear. Pencil boxes, backpacks, lunchboxes, notebooks. Why not let your kiddos create some one-of-a-kind school supplies? It’s easy and they’ll love tucking these notebooks into their backpacks on the first day of school.
Here’s what you need:
- composition notebook (I found these at Target for .25.)
- paper cutter (You can also trace the notebook and cut the paper out with scissors.)
- 3 pieces of scrapbook paper in the patterns of your child’s choice (12×12″ or 8.5×11″)
- glue stick
- corner rounder paper punch (You could round the corners with scissors if you don’t have a corner rounder.)
- Choose which paper will be on the front cover. Measure your composition book and cut the paper to fit. (I cut ours 7″ x 9 11/16″.) Don’t worry about it not going all the way to the binding, because you will be making a “binding” of your own.
- When paper is cut, round the two outer corners. Adhere to front of notebook using glue stick.
- Follow the same instructions to do the back cover.
- Cut a 4″ x 9 11/16″ strip of paper for the binding. Glue around the binding of the composition book.
- Decorate with stickers.