I really don’t think you can top a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie straight from the freezer. Unless you make your own, of course! Three ingredients. That’s it! And if you happen to pick up some Andes mints baking bits, then you’ve cut your ingredient list by a third. I love it.
These are seriously good. So good that it’s hard to believe they’re actually Ritz crackers. Yep. Ritz crackers! Dip them into some minty dark chocolate and you’ve created thin mint cookies in your own kitchen. Now grab an icy glass of milk and enjoy.
Recipe: Thin Mints
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
1 bag of dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. When chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in peppermint extract. Dip crackers and remove with a fork. Tap fork against side of bowl. Transfer cracker to waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill in refrigerator until chocolate sets.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)