Sour cream cut-out cookies
If you’d like to make some cut-out cookies for the holidays, but you aren’t in a sugar cookie frame of mind, then you might want to try these sour cream cookies instead. We baked a batch the other day with the recipe my mom used when we were little. The kids even shared the rolling pin, which required them to be nice to each other for at least 30 minutes. And then, they shared a bowl of frosting to decorate them! My head was spinning. Crazy Christmas miracles.
Recipe: Sour Cream Cookies
1 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. sour cream
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix sugar, shortening, butter, egg, and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Divide dough and roll each 1/4″ thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutter and transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugar now, or leave plain to frost later.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cookies puff up a little and are golden on the bottom.
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)