Ultimate cookies and cream brownies
My dear friend, Ingrid, has some recipes up her sleeve that can make you weak in the knees. These Oreo-frosted-Oreo-brownies are the perfect example of her mad genius, especially if the creamy filling is your favorite part of an Oreo. I was going to take the quick route and use a boxed mix, but I completely forgot to pick one up once I had those Double Stuf Oreos in my cart. All logic seemed to have deserted me at the time, so when it came to baking these babies up, I turned to my tried and true ultimate brownie recipe.
Those ultimate brownies are just about the best and most versatile brownies you can find, and they make a whole 9×13″ pan of goodness. This time, I added a bunch of chopped up Double Stuf Oreos, then topped them with Ingrid’s cookies and cream frosting. Yum on top of yum!
Recipe: Cookies and Cream Brownies
One batch of Ultimate Brownies, with chopped up Oreos stirred in just before pouring them into the baking pan.
Ingrid’s Cookies and Cream Frosting:
4 c. powdered sugar
8 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
2-4 Tbsp. heavy cream or milk
approx. 16 Oreos, chopped into tiny pieces
Combine all frosting ingredients (except the Oreos) and mix until light and fluffy. You may need to add a bit more heavy cream to get a spreadable consistency. Gently stir in chopped Oreos. Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownies. (Optional idea: top with ganache!)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)